TANZ eCampus Ltd Terms of Service, August 2019
TANZ eCampus is concerned about the welfare and achievement of ALL its learners. To create and maintain the best possible teaching and learning environment, all learners registered with/using services of TANZ eCampus are expected to accept certain responsibilities, respect the rights of others and behave in an acceptable manner.
By using the TANZ eCampus website, or by downloading and or using a TANZ eCampus mobile application, you confirm that you agree to these Terms of Service and any policies referenced within these Terms of Service
If you do not agree, do not use our website and do not download and use our mobile applications.
Rules for online conduct
- You are responsible for your own use of the site and for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
- You acknowledge the use of this site is at your own risk.
- You will comply with all applicable copyright, intellectual property and software license agreements, and respect the copyright and intellectual property rights of all TANZ eCampus teaching materials.
- You will conduct yourself in a professional and respectful manner, and not undertake any prohibited activities (Refer PROHIBITIED ACTIVITIES section).
- You will ensure all passwords or other authorisation assigned are kept confidential and never shared with others.
Access and Use
- You may only use the website for the purpose of seeking or undertaking online educational opportunities as an individual or for associated authorised administrative purposes, and for no other purpose.
- Access to the website is not guaranteed; it may be blocked for maintenance, operational or technical reasons.
Denial of access
- We may restrict or block your access to and use of our websites and or mobile apps at any time if we reasonably believe that you may have breached any provision in these Terms of Service.
- The learning environment respects all community participants and their right to privacy. Registration on and use of the TANZ eCampus website requires provision of some personal information, use of which will be limited to the purposes for which it is provided. By providing personal information when using the TANZ eCampus website, you agree TANZ eCampus can share that information with:
- Third party education providers that you have a current relationship with
- Your employer subject to your authorisation or your terms of employment
- TANZ eCampus contractors to the extent that those contractors may have access to your personal information in the course of administering and improving TANZ’s systems and service.
Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to attempting or actioning the following:
- Destruction or alteration of data owned by others
- Harassment of other users.
- Intentional damage
- Disabling other people’s computers
- Compromising security
- Disabling or corrupting software systems
- Destroying, altering, or compromising information integrity
- Email spamming
- Sending of threatening or intimidating email or social media postings
- Service attacks (e.g. making it difficult or impossible for others to use the network effectively and efficiently)
- Initiating or passing on computer chain letters or electronic junk mail
- Accessing pornographic material or any other objectionable material
- Sharing any authentication information E.g. user and password details written and in plain sight
- Logging on to the website with your own authentication details for someone other than yourself to use
- Infringement of copyright (including plagiarism) or software license agreements
Your Rights as a Registered Learner
You are entitled to…
- open and accurate information
- fair evaluation and assessment
- problems handled as quickly as practicable and consistent with ‘natural justice’
- personal privacy
- freedom from any form of harassment or unjust discrimination
- respect for personal, social and cultural differences
- programmes and courses that meet internal and external standards for approval and registration
- competent and effective teaching
- appropriate support services, delivered in a professional manner
Your Responsibilities as a Learner
You are expected to…
- take precautions so as not to endanger yourself or others
- be sensitive to personal, social and cultural differences
- respect the needs, rights, and freedoms of others
- help to uphold the integrity of TANZ eCampus by discouraging/reporting dishonest practices.
Observe TANZ eCampus rules
- behave appropriately for the environment
- endeavour to meet all course requirements
- be honest when completing assignments/other assessments
- follow TANZ eCampus policies and regulations
Unacceptable Behaviour for Learners
Your responsibilities as a learner include behaving in an acceptable manner. The following are not acceptable behaviours:
- breaking any New Zealand law
- any form of cheating (including plagiarism and other dishonest practices)
- misuse of technology, software, hardware, or communication systems provided by TANZ eCampus
- infringement of copyright (including plagiarism) or software license agreements
- any form of harassment or discrimination
TANZ eCampus takes this statement of rights and responsibilities seriously.
Infringements will be dealt with under the terms of this policy (refer Policy Infringement section)
Limitation of liability
TANZ eCampus is not liable for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with:
- the use of (or inability to use) our websites or mobile apps by you or anyone else; and or
- the breach in the security of your computer, mobile or other device or the access to any information held on your computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties.
- Any prohibited activities as described in the ‘Prohibited Activities’ section in this document
TANZ eCampus retains the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time.
We will provide some information to you during the course on your engagement and progress through the course. This information will be made available to you and may also be made available to the TANZ eCampus Support Team and any other duly authorised persons to support your success.
The information will include such things as your interaction with the website (when you log in, what activities you undertake, your progress and assessments) and link this to your progress through the course. From this, the TANZ eCampus Support Team can proactively provide appropriate support to facilitate your success. Any data linked to your name will remain confidential to you, TANZ eCampus staff any other duly authorised persons.
Any further dissemination of this data will be anonymised and at a group level (eg for everyone in a course). All data and feedback will be grouped and analysed and used to improve the service. Any reporting of analysed data will be anonymous.
Policy infringements should be referred to the TANZ eCampus Senior Leadership Team. A policy infringement is deemed any action that is in violation of this policy and any policies referred to within this policy, or what might be reasonably considered outside of fair and reasonable behaviour.
Serious Policy Infringements may lead to learner probation, suspension or cancellation/refusal of current or future course participation.
Any actions required to ensure the integrity and security of the TANZ eCampus learning environment will carefully considered. The issues will be socialised and discussed with all concerned parties. All resolution decisions and/or actions are at the sole discretion on TANZ eCampus and are full and final.
Employer subsidised enrolment
Where your employer holds the contract for service with TANZ eCampus and has either partially or fully funded your access to the TANZ eCampus Learning Platform and Services, your employer has the right to terminate access within their contractual agreement with TANZ eCampus. Any dispute in relation to employer terminated services are between yourself and your employer.