Gain the skills required to be successful in a range of diverse and changing organisational settings.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business has been developed in collaboration with industry.
Graduates of the New Zealand Diploma in Business are able to apply their learned skills in several professions including accounting, management, sales and marketing and human resources.
Graduating students may be work-ready for a variety of careers including accounting technician, middle management, sales and marketing assistants, banking or human resources.
As TANZ eCampus is an online learning platform offered by several of New Zealand’s major tertiary providers, all qualifications will be awarded by one of these providers. This means that courses completed through TANZ eCampus are industry recognised and accepted by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Graduates of TANZ eCampus can attend any of the graduation ceremonies of the TANZ eCampus partners but will receive a parchment from the institute at which they enrolled.
- A minimum of 14 numeracy credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards, and
- Fifty credits at level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori; of which 4 credits must be in reading and 4 credits must be in writing.
- The literacy credits will be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards found on the NZQA website at Literacy requirements for University Entrance.
- All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those applicants whose first language is not English should have:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.0 issued within the last two years, with not less than 5.5 in any category.
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 60 in the computer-based test (with a writing score of 20), or at least 550 in the paper-based test (with an essay score of 5 TWE), issued in the last two years.
- A qualification equivalent to the above
- Complete two years study at a New Zealand secondary school and achieve either NCEA Level 3 or New Zealand University Entrance or both
Student loans & allowances
Courses and qualifications through TANZ eCampus are eligible for student loan support conditional that the student and level of study meet certain criteria. Student loans are administered through Studylink. Contact Studylink for more information or contact us on 0800 328 269 and we can point you in the right direction.
To complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business Leadership and Management Level 5 you are required to complete eight courses in total, four of which are core courses, and four elective based on your chosen stream. Each course is eight weeks long, with a short break in the middle. You can take up to two courses at a time to be considered a full time student.
TANZ eCampus currently offers the following course options: