TANZ eCampus complies with the Privacy Act 1993 and its subsequent amendments.
TANZ eCampus provides education-related services to Tertiary Education Organisations (TEOs). Personal information required for service provision provided to either the enrolling TEO or directly to TANZ eCampus will be collected and used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
Your enrolling TEO collects and stores information from this form to:
- manage the business of the enrolling TEO (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners)
- comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislationrelating to maintenance of records
- supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that your enrolling TEO will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation. You may see any information held about you and amend any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Enrolments Officer.
NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of natural persons. It requires the enrolling TEO to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act. http://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act
Supply of information to government agencies and other organisations
Your enrolling TEO supplies data collected on this form to government agencies, including:
- the Ministry of Education
- the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- the Tertiary Education Commission
- the Ministry of Social Development (in relation to student loans and allowances) and Inland Revenue (student loans)
- Immigration New Zealand and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents)
- agencies which support particular students through scholarships, payment of fees or other awards (if you are a recipient of one of these awards).
Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary education organisations (TEOs) to:
- administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding
- develop policy advice for government
- conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
When required by law, your enrolling TEO releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
Fees – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to pay all fees as they become due, and to meet any late fees and collection charges associated with debt recovery. Your enrolling TEO’s policy on withdrawal and refund of fees may be obtained from the Enrolments Officer.
Rules – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to comply with the published rules and policies of your enrolling TEO with regard to attendance, academic integrity and progress, conduct and use of information systems.